For Immediate Release
August 15, 2016 4:30 p.m.
Update on Water Supply – Community of Bridgetown
• The County has retested the community water and although marginally above the limit of 20, from 20.1 to 19.2 micro grams per litre (ug/l) or parts per million. Although this is a slight exceedance, it is considered safe to drink by the provincial Medical Officer of Health
• Test results were forwarded to Nova Scotia Environment and after their review they will not be issuing an advisory based on the low risk the test results presented.
• The County will continue to work with Nova Scotia Environment and our consulting team to draft a plan as to how we intend to address the elevated levels of Uranium in the long term.
• The County will update the residents through our web site, social media and local radio media as additional information becomes known.
• The County regrets any inconvenience this has caused the residents of Bridgetown
– 30 –